Concannon Miller is honored to once again be the presenting sponsor for Lehigh Valley Business’s CFO of the Year Awards.
The sixth annual event will be held Sept. 19 at DeSales University. The CFO of the Year awards honor the Greater Lehigh Valley’s financial executives for the critical role they play in making their companies successful.
“The role of the CFO is ever more critical in a company’s success, with many taking part in strategic planning in addition to overseeing company finances,” Concannon Miller President & COO Ted Witman says. “It’s a vitally important role that deserves to be celebrated.”
Nominations are currently being accepted through June 2 for the nine CFO of the Year award categories. New this year is an award recognizing the CFO of the Year for the region’s public companies.
Information on the award categories and eligibility is below. Nominations can be submitted at: http://www.lvb.com/section/CFO-Awards-Nomination.
- CFO of the Year - Awarded to a CFO who has made an outstanding contribution to his/her company’s performance over the past year. Finalists and one winner will be selected from each of the below categories:
- Public Company
- Private Company with revenues over $25MM
- Private Company with revenues up to $25MM
- Small Nonprofit 74 or fewer employees
- Large Nonprofit 75 or more employees
- Best Turnaround Specialist - CFO who has broken through the traditional boundaries of finance in contributing to a significant transaction, transforming or turnaround of his/her company.
- Best Growth Manager - CFO of a company that has experienced a tremendous amount of growth.
- Community Service Award - CFO who has contributed significant time, talent and/or funds for the betterment of his/her community
- Rising Star Award - Recognizes an up-and-coming financial executive. CFOs are not eligible, but others in the finance department are. Eligibility includes positions that report to a CFO such as analysts, managers and vice presidents who oversee financial matters – and will likely be a CFO someday.
An independent panel of industry professionals will judge the nominations and select the finalists in each of the award categories. Finalists will be recognized and the winners in each category will be announced during an awards breakfast on Sept. 19, 2017.
- Must be chief financial officer or hold equivalent position, except in the Rising Star where nominee must hold a senior executive position
- Nominees’ company must be headquartered in any of the following counties of the Greater Lehigh Valley: Berks, Carbon, Lehigh, Lower Monroe, Montgomery, Northampton, Montgomery, Northampton, Upper Bucks, Schuylkill or Warren.
- Minimum period of service in current position must be two years.
- May be self-nominated or nominated by another person.
- Nominees may only be entered in one category.
- Cannot be a previous CFO of the Year winner. Past finalists will be accepted.