Concannon Miller is debuting a new Next Gen Academy for Finance and Leadership for Private Businesses.
The Academy will prepare upcoming business owners to take the reins to continue their family legacy. Participants will develop the leadership and finance skills critical to their business’s ongoing success as well as develop a network of peers in the business community.
Only 30% of family-owned businesses succeed in transitioning their business to the second generation and only 10% succeed in transferring to a third generation. The best way to beat the odds is to prepare.
Session topics include:
- Self discovery and whole brain thinking
- Crucial conversation between generations and with your team
- Principles of exit planning
- Valuation and vehicles for business transition
- How to think about and plan for taxes
- Business organizational design and development
- What to look for in financial statements to better manage your business
- Scaling up your business
- Time management and juggling multiple priorities
- Risk management
- Business banking tips
The curriculum is delivered by credentialed, tested professionals in the specialized areas of finance and accounting, leadership and human capital strategy, including our strategic partner Compass Point Consulting.
The Academy runs for six half-day sessions, along with an Exit Planning workshop and kickoff cocktail party, and wrap-up session and celebration. The schedule is:
- Exit Planning Workshop & Kickoff Cocktail Party with 1st Generation: 5:30 p.m. Sept. 6, Saucon Valley Country Club, 2050 Saucon Valley Rd., Bethlehem, PA 18015
- Monthly Sessions: 7:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. Sept. 11, Oct. 9, Nov. 13, Dec. 11, Jan. 8, Concannon Miller, 1525 Valley Center Parkway. Suite 300, Bethlehem, PA 18017
- Wrap-up Session and Celebration Cocktails: 4:00 p.m. Feb. 12
Preferred pricing for early registration through July 31 is $700. Registration after July 31 is $850.
Online registration can be found at nextgen-lv.eventbrite.com. For additional details, click here for the Next Gen Academy for Finance & Leadership Brochure.
For any questions about the Academy, contact Betsy Storey-Bono at 610-625-1123 or firstname.lastname@example.org.